Sunday, January 9, 2011

I'm a material girl




Now for some of the recent stuff.  My husband said I had to use up some of the scraps of fabric I had left over from quilting.  So I have made countless other things.  I thought I would share some of it.  


I made this bag as a gift for a friend.  



This is the matching cellphone case.  My husband should be happy with this one, I used my leftover fabric to make this :-)





This was a birthday present I made for my Eskimo Princess....you know who you are



I made this for my daughter at college.  Now her girlfriends want one too.



A diaper bag I made for a friend.  This was just a quick design I came up with.  Getting better with creating my own products.






 Okay, here is a little bag I made with actual leftover fabric for quilting.   This is a little snappy bag that I made bigger as Aunt Jenn wanted something to carry to bunko.  The top closure "snaps together" using a broken tape measure.  Ghee not sure how it broke :-)  


This Geisha Girl bag was made for my Mom.  


I made this after I got my embroidery machine.  I was so excited to start embroidering.  Another project made with leftover fabric  This is a curling iron/ hot iron case.  The inside is lined with heat resistant fabric and 100% cotton batting.   Great for traveling or if you go to the gym. 




I made a bag like this for a friend who is a Nurse.  This is actually the bag I made for her mom who is also a Nurse.  This bag has great storage and looks chic.  




Well, this is just a little of this and that.  I have so much stuff I have done I don't want to overwhelm anyone.  I am having fun making stuff and now I am having fun sharing it with you. 



3 comments:

  1. Hi! Meadowlark sent me your way... I am so impressed. I have quilted a little over the years, mainly I winged it and have never taken a class. I also have never finished my most ambitious quilt project, a queen sized tessellating reel bedspread which was supposed to be a wedding present for my husband. We've been married almost 16 years now, and the hand quilting is just daunting! Anyhow, your designs are beautiful, and the bags are clever. Thanks for sharing them with the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa!

    Thanks for the invite to your new blog! I love it! Especially your craft room. Fantastic color choice but I so dig the surf board that was on the wall before...made me home sick! Very talented!! I'll be checking in on ya from time to time so keep sewing!!


    Flo @ Primgrl1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, haven't read the entire blog, but love what I see. Is there a place any of your handiwork is for sale? Found you via Meadowlark.

    ReplyDelete